Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thai Veggie Soup from Asiana

The Asiana restaurant at The Royal in Cancun has AMAZING food.  My favorites are the sushi and the Thai veggie soup.  I asked for the recipe and here it is:
Sorry for the bad cellphone shot but I figured something is better than nothing!

  • Purple onion (this appears to be coarsely chopped)
  • Straw mushrooms
  • Chicken broth
  • Chicken breast - diced
  • Coconut milk
  • Herbs of Limon (lemongrass?)
  • Basil (looked more like cilantro)
  • Chile ancho (appears to be just garnish, this is not a spicy soup)
  • Jalapeno (one or two slices, I can pick out the flavor but not the heat)
  • Fish sauce
OK so I really wanted to get this somewhere besides written on the back of a flimsy receipt.   This would fit in most meal plans.  I suspect just a little more chicken broth and less coconut milk would even fit it into a low fat plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment